The Speech and Language Therapy service provides assessment, therapy and advice for children who have not yet started school and have speech, language and communication needs.
Exceptions apply to children with a stammer, acquired brain injury, voice and acute deteriorating illness.
For children who do not meet this criteria, please contact the school-based Speech and Language Therapy team at Surrey County Council.
Children and Family Health Surrey assess and treat children who require support with: attention and listening, complex needs - where more than one service is supporting your child, social communication, language, play, speech, fluency, feeding and swallowing.
We see children in community clinics, homes and early years settings including family centres. We have a strong focus on working in partnership with parents and educational settings to maximise children’s progress.
Our Speech and Language Therapy team is made up of qualified speech and language therapists, therapy assistants and admin staff. All therapists are registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Please visit the schools and nurseries page to download the Speech and Language Therapy Early Years Resource Pack.
Children can be referred by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years' service, paediatricians based in hospitals, audiology service, Mindworks Surrey or other agencies.
Referrals are made through the One Stop Referral Service.
- North East Surrey (Spelthorne, East and West Elmbridge, Epsom, Ewell) Tel: 020 8979 6464
- South East Surrey (Banstead, Dorking, Ashtead, Leatherhead, Tattenham) Tel: 01372 384 395
- South East Surrey (Reigate, Redhill, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham, Lingfield) Tel: 01737 777 711
- South West Surrey (Guildford and Waverley) Tel: 01483 362 599
- North West Surrey (Woking, Runnymede, Surrey Health) Tel: 01932 826 500
Resource Finder Tool
A self service approach to help you get the right help & support