When your baby is around six months old you can start to introduce family foods.
Find out how to attend a virtual introducing family foods workshop by speaking to your health visitor or contacting the Advice Line on 01883 340 922.
Ten top tips for introducing solid and family foods.
Introducing family foods is a really important step in your baby’s development and it can be great fun to explore new flavours and textures together.
For more information talk to your Health Visiting team and book onto an 'Introducing Family Food‘ group run by our Community Nursery Nurses.
What most parents want to talk to us about:
what first foods to try
information about ready-made shop bought processed baby foods
advice about dental care
Video guide about family foods
Watch this video for a guide on starting your baby on solid and family foods:
For further information
- To follow up a referral
- For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
- For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
- Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrics page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to emotional wellbeing and mental health services
- Your GP needs to refer your child to Mindworks Surrey
- Hearing concerns
- Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.