Children and young people can be referred to the Developmental Paediatric Service by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years service, paediatricians based in the local acute or specialist hospital, paediatric audiology, Mindworks Surrey or other agencies.
The Developmental Paediatric Service is a family-centred service dedicated to helping children and young people to manage health problems that may be affecting their developmental progress.
Our Surrey-wide service is led by consultants and assesses children and young people experiencing a wide range of developmental difficulties related to:
- Developmental delay or disorder
- Neurological disability
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - under 6 years old
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - under 6 years old
- Cerebral palsy
- Severe learning difficulties (SLD) and/or complex needs
Assessments focus on physical, sensory, social and emotional development and any recommended interventions are discussed and agreed with the family.
The Developmental Paediatric Service works closely with other professionals, such as therapists, nurses, teachers and social workers to ensure a cohesive and joined-up approach is in place for the child/young person.
Referrals are made via the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, a centralised referral and triage service for Surrey's specialist children's services. The three ways to refer are:
1. Online Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop portal via this link: https://childrensreferrals.sabp.nhs.uk
2. Telephone Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop on 0300 222 5755. Open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
3. Write to Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, c/o Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, 1st Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford GU1 4PU.
Find out more about Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop
We cannot accept the following referrals:
- Children aged 6 years old and over where a diagnosis of ADHD or ASD is being considered, or has been made, and where the referral relates to this diagnosis. Children who fall into this group, who live in NE Hants, should be referred to the Psicon Service, commissioned by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Those living in the rest of Surrey need to be referred to Mindworks Surrey
- Children under 5 years who are registered with a GP practice in Guildford borough: for these children, please refer to developmental services via the Royal Surrey County Hospital Child Development Centre
- Children who are registered with GPs in the boroughs of Mole Valley, Epsom and Ewell, Reigate and Banstead (north of the M25): for all these children, please refer to developmental services via Epsom General Hospital
For general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For prescription requests, please email email@example.com
North West Surrey
For children registered with a GP in the boroughs of Woking, Runnymede, Spelthorne, West and East Elmbridge:
- Address: Goldsworth Park Health Centre, Denton Way, Woking, GU21 3LQ. Telephone: 01483 794 878
- Address: Developmental Paediatric Service, Cobham Hospital, 168 Portsmouth Road, Cobham, KT11 1HT. Telephone: 01932 558 627 or 01932 558 628
South West Surrey
For children over 5 years who are registered with a GP in the boroughs of Guildford and Waverley and children under 5 years registered with a GP in Farnham:
- Address: Jarvis Centre, Stoughton Way, Guildford, GU1 1LJ. Telephone: 01483 362 672
Children under 5 years who are registered with a GP practice in the boroughs of Guildford and Waverley should continue to access developmental services via the Royal Surrey County Hospital Child Development Centre.
North East Hampshire and Surrey Heath
For children registered with a GP in the borough of Rushmoor:
- Address: Theta Building, Lyon Way, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7ER. Telephone: 01276 454140 or 01276 454 141
For children registered with a GP in the boroughs of Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead (south of the M25) and part of Mole Valley:
- Address: Gatton Place, St Matthew's Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1TA. Telephone: 01737 288 980.
Children registered with a GP (north of the M25) in the boroughs of Mole Valley, Epsom, Ewell, Reigate and Banstead are supported by paediatricians based at Epsom General Hospital