Accessibility tools

Continuing Care

Our Continuing Care service provides specialist support and care for children who fulfil the criteria for NHS funded children’s and young people’s continuing healthcare because they require additional healthcare support at home and in the community.

A continuing care package may be required when a child or young person has care needs because of a congenital condition, disability, accident or illness that cannot be met by the existing universal or specialist services on their own.

These children and young people up to the age of 18 years may have very complex health needs: these may be as a result of a congenital condition, long term or life limiting or life threatening conditions, disability or the after effects of a serious illness or injury.

Our team of registered children’s nurses and trained healthcare assistants like to work in partnership with families and carers to support children who have clinical needs that may be of a complexity that cannot be met by services which are routinely available from GP practices, hospitals or in the community. Therefore a package of additional support may be needed, and this is known as continuing care.

The team works closely with all professionals to provide holistic care that meets the physical, developmental, social and emotional needs of the children, as well as providing support for their families and carers. They like to involve parents and carers in developing care plans that are individual to each child’s care needs and will review these regularly.

The team provides care and support at home as well as in educational settings.

Team and contact details

Team Address Tel

Jarvis Centre

60 Stoughton Road, Guildford GU1 1LJ

01483 362 628

For further information

  • To follow up a referral
    • For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
  • For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
  • Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
  • Access to mental health services
    • Your GP needs to refer your child via CAMHS
  • Hearing concerns
  • Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family  Health Surrey service

If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us.  Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.