Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop is a clinically-led, centralised referral and triage service for targeted and specialist children’s services in Surrey. One Stop works to ensure children and young people are receiving the right care, in the right place at the right time.
One Stop triages referrals from health, education and social care professionals for the services listed below:
> Paediatric occupational therapy
> Paediatric physiotherapy
> Paediatric speech and language therapy (early years and acute intervention)
> Continence (integrated enuresis and continence assessment and treatment service)
> Tongue tie (Ankyloglossia)
> PIMHS (Parent-Infant Mental Health Service)
> Nutrition and dietetics (Please note: Nutrition & Dietetics referrals can only be accepted from Surrey Downs)
> Community developmental paediatrician service.
Referrals for continence (early toileting, constipation, nocturnal enuresis, daytime enuresis), occupational therapy and speech and language therapy can be made directly by parents/carers themselves via One Stop.
How does One Stop work?
GPs and other professionals can refer to the specialist children’s services via online portal, telephone and post.
Once a referral is received it is triaged by a multi-disciplinary team of nurses and child health advisors, and then sent on to the correct service. The One Stop clinical team will triage the referral and make this decision – so the child gets to the right service, first time.
Where the child is not eligible for a service, the One Stop team will work with the referrer to help them re-navigate to an appropriate alternative and provide clear reasons for why the child is not eligible.
The One Stop team will also work with the referrers, or, where relevant, the parent/carer, to obtain further information to assist.
How do I refer via One Stop?
Children can be referred by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years' service, paediatricians based in the local acute or tertiary hospital, paediatric audiology, CAMHS or other agencies.
Referrals are made via the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, a centralised referral and triage service for Surrey's specialist children's services.
The three ways to refer are:
- Through the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop online portal https://childrensreferrals.sabp.nhs.uk - please use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browers (as Internet Explorer will not work). This is the same portal as the CAMHS Single Point of Access service
- Call the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop on 0300 222 5755. We are open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This is the same number as the CAMHS Single Point of Access service and, when prompted, select Option #2.
- Write to Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop, 1st Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford GU1 4PU.
Please note that One Stop triages referrals for North East Hampshire residents (or those with a GP based in North East Hampshire) for community developmental paediatrics only.
Can I refer by fax or email?
No, these are not secure methods. We accept referrals via the online portal, telephone and post as described above.
Where can I access the referral form?
Referrals are made by filling in a form on the One Stop online portal or by telephone. You can also send referrals by post to Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop. If sending referrals by post, please continue to use the paper forms you currently use.
Who can I contact with questions about One Stop or referring to Surrey’s children’s health services?
Call the Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop on 0300 222 5755. We are open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This is the same number as the CAMHS Single Point of Access service and, when prompted, select Option #2.
How do I refer to other children’s community health services, such as safeguarding, continuing care, audiology or children’s community nursing?
Continue to refer to all other services not in the list above as you have been.
Parent comment: “You’re that little team out there doing a big job. It was really nice to get to speak to you. We think you’re doing a good job.”
For further information
- To follow up a referral
- For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
- For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
- Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrics page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
- Your GP needs to refer your child via CAMHS
- Hearing concerns
- Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.