Our physiotherapists work with children and young people aged 0-19 years.
We provide assessment, therapy and advice for babies, children and young people with physical difficulties from birth up to 19 years old.
Our team of physiotherapists have specialist skills, experience and knowledge of childhood development and childhood disability.
We work closely with your child, family, other professionals and with nurseries / schools to maximise your child’s physical potential and independence.
We support the physical needs and development of children and young people up to 19 years old who live in Surrey and have predominantly developmental, neurological and neuromuscular conditions who may also have complex long term medical, social and learning needs.
We also provide a musculoskeletal service for children living in the Reigate and Tandridge area.
We work closely with parents and nurseries/schools to ensure they have a good understanding of what they need to do to support your child.
A physiotherapist will assess your child’s needs at home, in clinic, or at nurseries / schools and can offer advice, individual or group sessions, design therapy programmes and provide specialised equipment.
We work on specific agreed targets to help your child achieve their goals.
You can visit the Therapy Resources section (in the links on the right side of this page) and Resource Finder Tool for further information and advice.
If you are referred, your physiotherapist will work closely with you to give you ideas of activities you can do regularly with your child to help their development and how to incorporate these activities into their day.
I am concerned about my child’s development
0 – 2 years
- Head turning preference and plagiocephaly
- Tummy Time
- Awake time ideas for baby
- Lying into sitting
- Crawling and bottom shuffling
- Pulling to stand
- Baby walkers
- Footwear: Choosing right footwear for children
2 years and older
- I am concerned about my child’s flat feet
- Toe walking advice
- Toe walker stretch advice
- I am concerned about my child’s balance and coordination– Fizzy programme
I am concerned about my child’s joint and muscle pain
Ankle and foot pain advice
Knee pain advice
Back, shoulder and neck pain advice
Cerebral Palsy (CP)
Children can be referred by their health visitor, GP, therapist, early years' service, hospital paediatricians, audiology service, Mindworks Surrey, other agencies and parents/carers.
Referrals are made through the One Stop Referral Service.
- North East and North West Surrey (Woking, Runnymede, Surrey Heath, Spelthorne, East and West Elmbridge, Epsom, Ewell) Tel. 01932 826 500
- South East Surrey (Banstead, Ashtead, Leatherhead, Dorking, Tattenham) Tel. 01372 384 395
- South East Surrey (Reigate, Redhill, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham, Lingfield) Tel, 01737 777711
- South West Surrey (Farnham, Guildford, Haslemere, Waverley) Tel: 01483 362 597
Resource Finder Tool
A self service approach to help you get the right help & support