Visit our Contact page for our contact information. 

Our passion is to deliver the highest quality of care for the children, young people and families we care for, but we know that sometimes, a service doesn’t get it right.

If you feel that the service or treatment you or your child received fell short of your expectations or you have cause for concern, please let us know. We take all complaints very seriously, treat them confidentially, investigate each one individually, and respond as quickly as possible. We acknowledge the importance of complaints and use them as an opportunity to learn how to improve our services.

If an error has been made, we will provide an apology. We will answer your questions and explain the events and the decisions that were made. We will tell you what action is being undertaken as a result of your complaint. No-one is discriminated against because they have made a complaint.

Our employees also value your compliments because these help us to know when we are doing things well.

What if I have a concern?

You can raise a concern for yourself or on behalf of your child. If you complain on behalf of a friend or relative, you must have their consent to represent them.

Who should I discuss concerns with?

Concerns can often be addressed ‘there and then’. Please speak to the healthcare professional you were seen by, or ask to speak to their manager or the person in charge. You can leave a message for them to contact you at a time convenient to you.

What if I would like to make a formal complaint?

Make your complaint as soon as possible, detailing the concerns you have. Except in exceptional circumstances, this should be not more than 12 months after the incident. You can telephone us, email or write a letter. Don’t forget to provide us with your full name, address and contact number. You can complain directly to the commissioner of the service if you prefer. See contact details at the bottom of this page.

What information do we need?

Please provide as much information as possible about the concerns you have. Please let us know how you would like your complaint to be resolved. For example, over the telephone, at a meeting or in writing, and the outcome you are hoping for.

Who will help me with my concerns?

In the first instance, please call the Patient Experience Team on 01483 948 967 or send an email to  or 

You can also write to the Patient Experience Team at Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH. 

The Patient Experience Team will forward your concern or complaint to the partner organisation responsible for that part of the Children and Family Health Surrey service.

CSH Surrey is the organisation that will investigate and respond to concerns about Children and Family Health services in west and mid Surrey (covering Banstead, Dorking, East and West Elmbridge, Guildford, Leatherhead, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Tattenham, Waverley and Woking), the Child Health Team, Continuing Care and the Special School Nursing Service.

First Community Health and Care is the organisation that will investigate and respond to concerns about Children and Family Health services in the east of Surrey (covering Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Horley, Oxted, Caterham and Lingfield).

Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the organisation that will investigate and respond to concerns about the emotional wellbeing and mental health services provided as part of Children and Family Health Surrey (the Developmental Paediatrician service and the Parent-Infant Mental Health Service or PIMHS).

How quickly will you respond to me?

Children and Family Health Surrey will contact you within three working days of receiving your complaint to let you know we have received it and that one or more of the service providers (CSH Surrey, First Community Health and Care, or Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust) are starting their investigation.

They aim to respond to your concerns within 25 working days of receiving your complaint. It can help to speed up their response if you are happy to provide your daytime telephone contact number so they can contact you more easily if they have additional questions or need further information. 

What if I have further questions?

We are always happy to meet with you to hear your experiences and discuss your concerns. We can also offer other possible resolution options, such as independent conciliation.

If, after this, you still feel your concerns or complaint has not been resolved or handled satisfactorily, you can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your case. You should contact the Ombudsman within a year of raising your complaint.

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Address: 11th Floor, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Further information

NHS England: You can call 0300 311 22 33 if you have a query regarding your GP, pharmacy, dentist, or optician. You can email them at putting ‘For the attention of the complaints manager’ in the subject line. You can also write to NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT. Or visit their website at

The NHS website provides health information, details of local services and information on how to make a complaint.  

The Department of Health website also has information about the NHS complaints procedure. 

The Independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service for Surrey website also has information and can be contacted on 0330 030 7333. 

Healthwatch Surrey website: Call 0303 303 0023 or contact them by email on 

The lead commissioner for the Children and Family Health Surrey service is Guildford & Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group: Telephone: 01483 405450, Email: or visit


Being Open

Children and Family Health Surrey subscribes to ‘Being Open’ and has a commitment to openness, honesty and transparency. The ‘Being Open’ framework is a best practice guide for all healthcare staff and is produced by the NHS National Patient Safety Agency. It can be accessed at Once the page opens, type ‘Being Open’ into the search box.


We welcome your comments

Children and Family Health Surrey is always looking to improve the quality of the information we provide and would value your feedback on this information. Please email us your views to: or write to the Patient Experience Team, Children and Family Health Surrey, Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH. You can also call the team on 01483 948 967.


Large print, audio format or another language

Call 01483 948 967 or email to receive our complaints information in large print, audio format or another language.


General enquiries

Contact details for all Children and Family Health Surrey services are available on the For Families pages of the Children and Family Health Surrey website. You can also visit the Contact us page.