Register for free online guides for families
Families living in Surrey can get access to FREE online guides that include top tips from childcare, education and NHS health experts.
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child 0-19 years
- Understanding your teenager's brain
- Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your pregnancy for women couples.
The online guides have been written by experts and contain advice relevant to expectant parents, parents, grandparents and carers of children of all ages including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Access to the guides is unlimited with no expiry date, so you can return as and when you need and want to. Each guide has between 9 to 11 sessions which last roughly 20 minutes each, there are also activities that can be carried out between courses.
The guides are available in other languages including Urdu, Chinese and Polish.
How to register for the guides?
Registration is quick and easy through the link below.
Watch the Surrey TV interview below with Pauline Bigwood, Health Visitor and Professional Lead to find out more about the free online guides for families.
For further information
- To follow up a referral
- For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
- For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
- Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrics page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
- Your GP needs to refer your child via CAMHS
- Hearing concerns
- Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.