Free online guides are available for families living in Surrey with top tips from childcare, education and NHS health experts.
A range of guides are available including understanding your pregnancy, child, teenager and relationships and the newly launched 'Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your child'.
You can get free access to the online guides by using the code 'ACORN' and visiting the In Our Place website.
Find out about the other guides available in the section below.
The following guides are available:
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby: for women couples
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child
- Understanding your child's feelings
- Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your teenager's brain
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your teenager
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your child
- Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your feelings (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your relationships
- Understanding your preterm or sick baby in hospital
- Understanding your preterm or sick baby at home
The guides are available in other languages including Urdu, Chinese and Polish.
The online guides have been written by experts and contain advice relevant to expectant parents, parents, grandparents and carers of children of all ages including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Access to the guides is unlimited with no expiry date, so you can return as and when you need and want to.
Each guide has between 9 to 11 sessions which last roughly 20 minutes each, there are also activities that can be carried out between courses.
Watch the Surrey TV video about the free online guides.