This update is provided in response to feedback from families who have asked for clarification about changes in the provision of community Developmental Paediatrician services in Surrey and parts of North East Hampshire and Farnham.
It has been written by Children and Family Health Surrey in conjunction with Family Voice Surrey, Surrey County Council and Surrey’s Clinical Commissioning Groups.
On 1st April 2017, the community Developmental Paediatrician Service (previously provided by Virgin Care Services Ltd) was transferred to the new Children and Family Health Surrey service (a single service formed by an alliance of First Community Health & Care, CSH Surrey and Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust).
This was part of a wider transfer of children and family community services to Children and Family Health Surrey on the same date.
Developmental Paediatricians (previously known as Community Paediatricians) work closely with children, young people and their families and carers to identify and manage health problems that may be affecting a child’s developmental progress.
This includes the following:
- Developmental delay or disorder
- Neurological disability
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Cerebral palsy
- Severe learning difficulties (SLD) and/or complex needs (may be seen in school)
- Statutory medicals for looked after children and adoption
- Statutory medicals for Special Educational Needs (SEN) assessment
- Medical examination where there is suspected child abuse
The service covers children and young people aged 0 – 19 years (or 25 if in fulltime education with an education health and care plan) their families who reside in Surrey and parts of north east Hampshire, attend a Surrey maintained school, or are registered with a GP practice within the following Clinical Commissioning Groups but attend school elsewhere:
- North West Surrey CCG
- Guildford & Waverley CCG
- Surrey Heath CCG
- North East Hampshire & Farnham CCG
- East Surrey CCG
- Surrey Downs CCG (Dorking only).
Download full service details here.