Please contact our Advice Line for support, information and advice on parenting and infant feeding.
Child health drop-ins, breastfeeding support groups and other group activities are not currently taking place due to COVID-19. You can read more on our update page.
You may also find these pages helpful:
- 10-14 day new birth visit
- 6-8 week review
- 10-12 month review
- 2 year review (at 27 months)
- Infant feeding including breasting
- Introducing family foods
- Sleep and your baby
Child health drop-ins offer you and your family support with:
- Child development
- Speech and communication
- Coping with a crying baby
- Infant feeding
- Introducing family foods and solids
- Sleep and information on bedding for your baby
- Accident prevention
- Managing minor illness
- Your emotional wellbeing and emotional wellbeing tips for mothers
View our video for information on our Surrey perinatal mental health service.
Your local health visiting team offers introducing solids group sessions in preparation for your baby starting solids at 6 months.
Information sheets offering further support and advice regarding your child’s development are available on the parent resource finder tool.
Concerned about your child’s hearing? If your child is between 8 months and 18 years and you have a Surrey-based GP, you can arrange a hearing appointment for them yourself. Call 01483 783 135 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) to book. Find out more on the Audiology page.
Our advice line also provides support for you and your family on all aspects of child health, development and parenting.
For information about breastfeeding support, please visit our infant feeding page.
- DadPad - The Essential Guide for New Dads: DadPad is a free easy-to-use app for dads-to-be and dads with new babies in Surrey. DadPad can be downloaded free onto any smart phone from app stores. Dads and their partners just need to put in their postcode and select their local hospital trust.
- Emotional wellbeing tips for fathers
All child health drop-ins, breastfeeding support groups and other group activities are not currently taking place due to COVID-19. Please read more on our update page.
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
- For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrics page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via CAMHS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.