When your baby is around six months old you can start to introduce family foods.
Ten top tips for introducing solid and family foods.
Introducing family foods is a really important step in your baby’s development and it can be great fun to explore new flavours and textures together.
What most parents want to talk to us about:
- what first foods to try
- questions about Breastfeeding and Formula milk
- concerns about safety and first aid
- information about ready-made shop bought processed baby foods
- advice about dental care
- vegetarian and vegan diets
- knowing about Vitamin D
- how we eat, the foods we choose, impact on our environment
- activity and fun recipe ideas
- fussy eaters
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services such as speech and language therapy. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2) and they will be able to advise.
- For advice or questions about your child's health
- 2 year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrician service page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via MINDSIGHT Surrey CAMHS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within 7 working days.