When your child is between 10 and 12 months old you may receive an 'Ages and Stages' (ASQ: 3) questionnaire in the post, with a prepaid envelope to complete and return which will be reviewed by a health professional.
If the results indicate that a further follow up is necessary we'll invite you and your child to an appointment.
If you would like support to complete your child’s ASQ Questionnaires please contact our advice line.
Please take a moment to view the one year page in their Personal Child Health Record ’red book’ which highlights the many new skills they may be developing at this age.
Your child will also be due their 1 year immunisations which you will need to arrange with your GP surgery.
The 10-12 month review is an opportunity to review your child’s progress including information on:
- Child development
- Information on children's speech, language and communication development
- Information about our speech and language therapy service including advice sheets
- Dental health (you can also download our leaflet) and advice on brushing teeth
- Healthy eating
- Sleep and Safer sleep
- Information on bedding for your baby
- Home safety
- Managing minor illness and high temperatures
- Your emotional wellbeing and emotional wellbeing tips for mothers
- Vitamin D
- DadPad - The Essential Guide for New Dads: DadPad is a free easy-to-use app for dads-to-be and dads with new babies in Surrey. DadPad can be downloaded free onto any smart phone from app stores. Dads and their partners just need to put in their postcode and select their local hospital trust.
- Emotional wellbeing tips for fathers
Do you know why Vitamin D supplements are important for you and your child? Please read more on our advice page, and find out about Healthy Start vitamins.
Concerned about your child’s hearing? If your child is between 8 months and 18 years and you have a Surrey-based GP, you can arrange a hearing appointment for them yourself. Call 01483 783 135 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) to book. Find out more on the Audiology page.
View the video below for information on our Surrey perinatal mental health service.
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2)
- For advice or questions about your child's health and two year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrics page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via CAMHS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us. Your query will be passed to the relevant team who will aim to respond within seven working days.