Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop
One Stop is the centralised referral and triage service for specialist children's services in Surrey and parts of north east Hampshire and Farnham.
The Children and Family Health Surrey One Stop service, the single point of access into our services, ensures that every young person referred is able to access the right care and support for children’s physical and developmental needs to ensure children and young people are receiving the right care, in the right place at the right time.
About One Stop
One Stop accepts referrals from across the whole of Surrey (and part of north east Hampshire and Farnham). Please note that One Stop triages referrals for North East Hampshire residents (or those with a GP based in North East Hampshire) for Community Developmental Paediatrics only.
One Stop accepts referrals from health, education and social care professionals.
Services covered by One Stop
One Stop's clinically-led team triages referrals for Surrey's targeted and specialist children's community services only .These are:
- Paediatric therapies: cccupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy (early years and acute intervention)
- Enuresis and continence
- Tongue tie (Ankyloglossia)
- PIMHS (Parent-Infant Mental Health Service)
- Nutrition and dietetics (Please note: Nutrition and dietetics referrals can only be accepted from Surrey Downs)
- Community developmental paediatrician service.
Detailed criteria for the services covered by One Stop in this document will assist referrers in understanding the clinical presentations and age ranges for which the clinical pathways apply.
How to refer
- Through the online portal https://childrensreferrals.sabp.nhs.ukThis is the quickest and most efficient way to refer to One Stop. This is the same portal as the CAMHS Single Point of Access service.
- Call the Children and Family Health One Stop on 0300 222 5755. One Stop is open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This is the same number as the CAMHS Single Point of Access service. When prompted, select Option #2
- Write to Children and Family Health One Stop, w/c Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, 1st Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford GU1 4PU. Written referrals require comprehensive information, as per the online portal form. Written referrals lacking the required information will not be accepted until the information is provided (because the team is unable to triage safely and accurately without this information), which causes delays. Although the online portal form takes 10-15 minutes to complete, it saves time overall because all of the required information can be inputted meaning referrals can be immediately accepted and triaged.
Please note, referrals are not accepted by fax or email as these are not secure methods.
- ‘Right first time’ triaging into appropriate services – referrers do not have to decide or know which specialist service to refer into. Simply send the referral to One Stop and our nurses and therapists will triage the child into the right service
- Quicker, more efficient triaging – saves referrers' time
- One single point of access to Surrey’s physical and mental health services – leading to a more integrated approach for families
- Improved experiences and outcomes – through ‘right first time’ triaging, and signposting to other services as relevant.
If you have any questions about Children and Family Health Surrey services or One Stop please call us on 0300 222 5755.
“You’re that little team out there doing a big job. It was really nice to get to speak to you. We think you’re doing a good job.” Parent