Our nurses provide skilled nursing care to children and young people from birth to 18 years in their own homes.The care is
tailored to the individual needs of the child/young person, enabling them to stay in their own homes, avoiding or shortening hospital admissions and reducing the need for hospital attendance.
We encourage and support children, young people and their carers to manage their conditions by promoting self-care, working closely with other professionals involved in partnership with the child/young person and their family.
Our services include:
- Administration and advice on treatments and medication including intravenous antibiotics
- Blood sampling and monitoring
- Complex wound care as a results of surgery, trauma or skin breakdown
- Facilitation of early discharge from hospital of children and young people with an acute illness
- Management of children and young people with long term conditions to promote self-care and well-being
- Management of children and young people with conditions such as eczema and constipation
- Nutritional advice and care to support good health related to gastrostomy, jejeunostomy and nasogastric feeding
- Sign posting and referrals to appropriate services
- Specialist intervention for children and young people who have a life-limiting illnesses requiring treatment, information, symptom control or end of life care.
Team locations and contact details
Community Children’s Nursing Team East
|51 St John’s Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 6DS||01737 214 784|
Community Children’s Nursing Team West
|Jarvis Centre, Stoughton Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1LJ||01483 783 162|
For further information
- To follow up a referral
For example, for developmental paediatrics or therapy services such as speech and language therapy. Contact the One Stop referral centre (tel: 0300 222 5755, Option 2) and they will be able to advise.
- For advice or questions about your child's health
- 2 year development checks
- Referrals for ASD, ADHD or another neurological/developmental condition
Your GP will need to make a referral. Visit the Developmental Paediatrician service page for more information about these services in Surrey.
- Access to mental health services
Your GP needs to refer your child via MINDSIGHT Surrey CAHMS
- Hearing concerns
Contact the Audiology service
- Concerns or complaints about a Children and Family Health Surrey service
If your query is not covered by the routes above, please use the form below to contact us.